This is the official blog of the American Glass Guild's 13th annual conference. It will be held in Cleveland, OH, June 22- 24, 2018. Use the TABS below for information about all aspects of this conference. We hope you will join us for fabulous tours, workshops, demonstrations and lectures. For current information follow the link in the sidebar to the American Glass Guild homepage.
of Souls" stained glass window marks the centerpiece at the Wade Chapel.
This depicts the consummation of the Divine Promise. Prior to being placed in
the chapel, the piece won first place at the 1900 Exposition Universelle in
Glass from such studios as Connick, Tiffany, Burnham, Heaton, and Paremba
Studio as well as 3 medieval windows (2 are composite). Grace
Features one of Willet Studios ‘gold’ windows. Amasa
Stone Chapel, 1911
In memory of Amasa Stone, railroad and bridge industrialist. Has a
large Kemp window and 2 small Tiffany windows.
University Circle United Methodist Church, 1928
The present building was designed by noted architect Bertram
Goodhue shortly before his death in 1924. The Cleveland-based Walker &
Weeks firm saw the project to completion four years later. Goodhue's towering
steeple, modeled after Mont Saint Michel in France, was dubbed the "Holy
Oil Can" by students on the Western Reserve campus – a nickname still used
today. Windows from studiosT. Owen
Bonawit, Howard G. Wilbert, and R. Toland Wright.
Church of the Covenant, 1911
Designed by Cram & Ferguson architects. Windows from such studios as Gorham, Willet, R. Toland Wright, Doug Phillips